[Unison-hackers] another way to produce path.ml assertion failure assertion failure, tested versions 2.40.65 and 2.48.3

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Tue Jul 21 03:43:20 EDT 2015

On 2015-07-21 06:33, Frederik Eaton <frederik at ofb.net> writes:

> I'm running Arch and the OCaml version is 4.02.1-1. However, the
> Debian system I tested on has Objective Caml 3.12.1, Unison 2.40.65,
> and they both produce assertion failures in path.ml. Are others not
> able to reproduce the bug by running the scripts I provided?

I could not use the script (I don’t have xvkbd) but I could reproduce
the bug running the script manually (the assertion failure happens
during the second unison run). I’m on unison 2.48.3 and ocaml 4.02.1.

I tried to have a quick look at the bug, and it seems the problem is
that the path of the file being backed up is empty. It really does not
make sense because the debugging information says it is “/” (and the
test for empty amounts to checking if the length of the string is 0).

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Last week athmospheric CO₂ average (Updated July 14, 2015, Mauna Loa Obs.):