[Unison-hackers] unison unix<->cygwin

Michael Steiner steiner at acm.org
Tue Feb 9 00:24:25 EST 2016

Hi,

Using unison to synchronize unix with cygwin i run into problems with
overly restrictive filename checks (see
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/unison-users/conversations/topics/11823
for some related discussion).

I did look in the code in svn and it seems somebody already must have
started as there was an unsed definition of
badWindowsFilenameRelaxedRx in name.ml. I did now some changes, see
patch in attached email which i think improves the code.  So my
question to this mailing list:

- does the code look ok -- full disclosure: this is my first time
  programming (oca)ml and cygwin .... -- and would that be something
  potentially  to include into svn?

- does anybody have an idea what is the cause of the strange behaviour
  for ":" in the filename where in cygwin i can create files,
  propagation of changes cygwin->unix works but unix->cygwin results
  in an interpretation of : as a directory separator for temp-files?

regards

-michael-