[Unison-hackers] New unison stable release: 2.51.2

Benjamin C. Pierce bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu
Thu May 17 10:03:50 EDT 2018

On behalf of all the Unison contributors, I am delighted to announce a new stable release, 2.51.2.
Source code and an OSX binary can be downloaded from GitHub <https://github.com/bcpierce00/unison>. Binaries for various unix/linux package managers should follow soon (some are already available). We’re still figuring out the best way to distribute Windows binaries.

Enjoy,

- Benjamin

Changes since 2.48:

* Repository transplanted from SVN to Git and moved to GitHub (https://github.com/bcpierce00/unison <https://github.com/bcpierce00/unison>).

* Add a new preference, 'atomic', for specifying directories that should be treated atomically: if there are changes within such a directory in both replicase, the whole directory is marked as a conflict instead of propagating any of the changes. Thanks to Julian Squires for submitting this patch!

 * OSX / macOS
      + Ported to 10.13, High Sierra, and Apple's new APFS (earlier versions of Unison break because of new behavior of AppleDouble files)
     + Replaced Growl with OS X native notification center.

* Miscellaneous:
    + The OCaml compiler version is now included in the "connection header -- the string that's printed when connecting to a remote server -- to facilitate debugging version mismatch issues.
   + Compatible with OCaml 4.06.
   + Added a DockerFile for the convenience of Docker users.
   + Many small bugfixes and UI improvements.