[Unison-hackers] proposal for 2.51.4_rc1

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Mon Nov 2 14:04:08 EST 2020

I have merged Tõivo's Windows x86_64 bugfix, and several other things,
so it seems time for a new micro release.  (It seems that we are getting
more testing of the actual release than we did of release candidates,
but I'd still like to do them.)

Open pull requests are now down to things that need more thought/testing
or are more disruptive.

I don't see any open issues that I expect to see fixed in the next few
days.

I have packaged current master 54d8e79 as pkgsrc/net/unison-snapshot and
run it on NetBSD/8 against older 2.51 on a Mac and other NetBSD.  So
from my own testing it looks fine.

So I propose to move towards 2.51.4 based on 54d8e79.

(This does not mean that a .5 can't happen; my opinion is that extra
micro releases that are inter-compatible do not hurt because the updates
are easy and don't need to be synchronized.  This release also has no
bearing on an eventual new wire protocol.)

Would anyone like to speak for or against this plan, or propose a
different one?

Absent comments against, I'll do this, probably Wednesday.

Here's what's changed since v2.51.3

$ git log --oneline --reverse v2.51.3..
26c9245 Allow diffing from older to newer file
b9fe878 copyonconflict: create a conflict copy for deleted...
341e9f5 Add signal handler for SIGUSR1 to close logfile
68198b6 Explain SIGUSR1 behavior in help and manual
c45c62d Skip user actions after reconciliation in batch mode
fc8fc07 Replace deprecated String functions
2825f5f Change version to 2.51.3.70
508f05b Assume documentation strings are in UTF-8
9f57030 Fix const warnings related to safe strings
8d1ca6a Fix another const warning in inotify_stubs.c
b477658 Merge pull request #410 from glondu/fix-gtk2-docstrings
bfff332 Merge pull request #405 from glondu/fix-const
cabbe52 Merge pull request #404 from tleedjarv/fix-latin1
8613b0d Merge pull request #365 from thingsconnected/pullreq1
9aa91d6 report time taken propagating changes
6addcd0 Add ANSI color to text UI, with user preference
4fed48b Merge pull request #360 from tleedjarv/ansicolor
b6e3593 Merge pull request #402 from tleedjarv/mem
4078d1d Merge pull request #390 from thingsconnected/pullreq2
b78c829 Stop using deprecated & operator (Closes: #414)
73f1bfa Merge pull request #415 from glondu/fix-deprecated-and
77be198 uitext: selectAction: Fix tail call optimization
05d29d9 Merge pull request #418 from tleedjarv/fix-314
5a4fbbe Merge pull request #362 from tleedjarv/diff
cc74f93 Fix incompatible type on certain platforms
83e13e9 Do not set USR1 signal handler on Windows
73d6a8c Merge pull request #420 from tleedjarv/fix-365
de70ac4 Merge pull request #419 from tleedjarv/fix-166
54d8e79 (HEAD -> master, upstream/master) Merge pull request #373 from tleedjarv/fix-6