[Unison-hackers] OCaml version mismatch breaks Unison 2.48.4

Mike Bohde mikebohde at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 11:49:46 EDT 2020

>From my understanding of the two methods SHA256 will be slower. If speed
was the only concern sha1 and crc32 are objectively faster than even md5.
If we were all dealing with the compute ability of machines 10 years ago or
comparing datasets in the dozens of terabytes with massive changes I would
be concerned.
In casual to soho use I doubt there to be much of a difference that an
average end user would notice. Realistically I do not see a problem with a
synchronization comparison taking 10 or 20% more time.