[Unison-hackers] OCaml version mismatch breaks Unison 2.48.4

Mike Bohde mikebohde at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 14:16:11 EDT 2020

Benjamin,
To get right to the point, you make a great tool. If there are things that
can be done to make it faster awesome. However, sometimes in the name of
sanity some decisions must be made.

People do need to realize dealing with storage in scale takes time. My
TrueNAS (FreeNAS) scrub takes four hours for my main pool. A sync to a
new hard disk for my backup can take 10-12 hours between sum creation and
copy. I do have an idea on how to make large pools and non-local storage
faster. I'm not sure how
feasible it would be to create independent source hash records and import
them to save time would be.