[TYPES/announce] Call for Papers: Workshop on Women in Formal Methods (WiFM-2024), Deadline: June 9, 2024

Serge Autexier serge.autexier at dfki.de
Tue May 21 02:51:12 EDT 2024

                        First Call for Papers

             Workshop on Women in Formal Methods (WiFM-2024)

                          August 9, 2024

                    Montreal, Quebec, Canada

                    Co-located with CICM 2024

      https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cicm-conference.org/2024/cicm.php?event=wifm&menu=general__;!!IBzWLUs!S7AyQ2ZdpIP2QUZ7KRACUZptFQmJjHvcTNCbEFOgFSDtISPb5pCqRsXmRKkMxTpggmT4GghdvNzHcAM3Hie6hV6fCvhQhmi9DWrisvRM$

OBJECTIVE

The goal of this workshop is to provide a dynamic and inclusive gathering
that celebrates the achievements of women in formal methods in particular
as well as engineering and computer science in general. We aim to empower
female engineers, foster collaboration, and provide a platform for sharing
cutting-edge research. This workshop will bring together students,
researchers, and industry professionals to explore innovative ideas,
discuss challenges, and inspire one another.

FORMAT

We intend to organize the workshop as a one-day event on August 9th, 2024,
which will include:

* Research Presentations: the workshop shall feature presentations by
female students, researchers, and industry experts to showcase their
ground-breaking work in the domain of formal methods and intelligent
computer mathematics.

* Panel Discussion "Navigating Challenges": Our panel of accomplished
women will engage in candid conversations about the unique challenges
faced by female engineers. Topics include work-life balance, bias, and
mentorship.

* Celebrating Achievements: We believe in recognizing excellence. Awards
will be presented for innovation, leadership, and community impact.

INVITED SPEAKER

We are happy to announce the confirmation of Amber Telfer, Principal
Formal Methods Engineer at Microsoft as the keynote speaker at WiFM. She
is a remarkable engineer in the industry who advocates for gender equality
in STEM. She will share her journey, and insights to overcome obstacles
and reach new frontiers.

TOPICS OF INTEREST

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):

  *  Theorem proving and computer algebra
  *  Mathematical knowledge management
  *  Digital mathematical libraries
  *  Formal specification and modeling
  *  Formal approaches to fault prevention and detection
  *  Abstraction, refinement, and evolution
  *  Integration of formal methods and testing
  *  SAT/SMT solvers for software analysis and testing
  *  Practical formal methods
  *  Applications of formal methods
  *  Formal approaches to software maintenance
  *  Formal approaches to safety-critical system development
  *  Industrial case studies

SUBMISSIONS

There are two categories of submissions:

  * Abstract – up to 2 pages
  * Regular  – up to 6 pages

Electronic submission is done through EasyChair
(https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=cicm24__;!!IBzWLUs!S7AyQ2ZdpIP2QUZ7KRACUZptFQmJjHvcTNCbEFOgFSDtISPb5pCqRsXmRKkMxTpggmT4GghdvNzHcAM3Hie6hV6fCvhQhmi9DVYzB9_T$ ): select the author role
and select the "new submission" tab, then select “CICM24-Women in Formal
Methods”. The submissions will be reviewed by at least three PC members.
At least one author of each accepted paper is expected to present her
paper at WiFM. All papers accepted in the workshop will be published
in the CEUR Workshop Proceedings (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ceur-ws.org/__;!!IBzWLUs!S7AyQ2ZdpIP2QUZ7KRACUZptFQmJjHvcTNCbEFOgFSDtISPb5pCqRsXmRKkMxTpggmT4GghdvNzHcAM3Hie6hV6fCvhQhmi9DbOP-ACn$ ).

IMPORTANT DATES

  * Full Paper Submission: June 9, 2024
  * Notification: June 30, 2024
  * Camera Ready: July 7, 2024
  * Workshop: August 9, 2024

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

  Vandana Desai, Qualcomm, USA
  Maissa Elleuch, Digital Research Center of Sfax, Tunisia
  Katalin Fazekas, TU Wien, Austria
  Liya Luo, AMD, Canada
  Ibtissem Seghaier, Nvidia, USA
  Yassmeen Elderhalli (Chair), Synopsys, Canada