[Icfp04-discuss] some questions about you

Gee Pokey geepokey at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 5 14:34:26 EDT 2004

Hi,

My Name is Gumby

Where does everybody come from?
Sunny California

How old are you?
I'm ~10110 years old (that's not decimal ;)

Why do you compete?
Just for Fun - and language practice !

Do you have a homepage?
I planned to put up a blog for my icfp entry - but
that feature was optimized out early on :)

What team name do you have?
TeamGumby - but I haven't consulted with my teammates
on that one :)

Lightning Division?
Oh man - that was the plan.  I went to bed 2 hours
early the day before and got started right at 9 AM
(PST).  5 hours later I had the simulator mostly
working (about 100-200 moves) - and then it only took
another 5 hours to work out all the little bugs and
optimize out the main slow downs.  So my teammate
started thinking about ant design around 5 PM - while
I worked on a ***** to make ANT work easier.  By the
time 7 AM rolled around,  I realized I still not have
a viable first entry so I had to give up on the
Lighting Round.  I still hope to pull something
together by Monday Morning :)

Feel Lucky - Will you be the winner?
No - I had hopes in the lighting round - but in the
main contest I'm be happy just to enter a competent
entry.

Staying Awake during nights?
well - I got home (0:30 commute) almost exactly 24
hours after I left.  I've just gotten up now -
(1:30PM) and I gotta figure out some way to sneak away
so I can finish our entry :)

Maximum 1 cup of coffee per hour :)

Good luck to all!
Ditto!