[Icfp04-discuss] Well, *this* is going to be a fun bug.

Jed Davis icfp at jdev.users.panix.com
Sun Jun 6 16:19:05 EDT 2004

Martin Tampe <martin at tampe.cc> writes:

> An ant dies in round 408, maybe that's related to your bug.
> If you are still evaluating the dead ant this could influence the
> random values..

In fact, that's exactly what it was.  (For the record, I'd found and
fixed the bug before I read any of these responses.)  The ant had
actually been killed and removed from the map and all, but due to a
little oversight on my part it got brought back to life.  So there was
this ghostly ant, wandering around and indirectly interfering with the
affairs of the living.

Unrelatedly, I'd like to thank the writers of sample.ant for including
the insn "Sense Here 0 326 FoeWithFood".

dn: cn=Jed Davis, o=panix.com  ##          see also jldavis at cs.oberlin.edu
objectclass: person
mail;personal: jdev at panix.com  ##    PGP Key FP:   A098 903E 9B9A DEF4 168F
mail;work:     jld@/           ##  [id 0xF33659F9] AA09 BF07 807E F336 59F9