[Icfp04-discuss] simulator speed

Bart van der Werf (Bluelive) werfb at cs.utwente.nl
Mon Jun 7 03:16:03 EDT 2004

> Hi

I  have an Athlon 2600Xp with 700mb ram using java 1.4.2

i run without gui in about 1,5 seconds through the 100.000 steps of a
simulation
with gui it depends on how often i sync, usually i push a refresh every
1000 or 10.000 frames, or 10 if i want to see the details of the
programming, i guess it runs at about 5fps.

The first version allready ran at about 10 seconds for a full simulation
and ive been adding small optimalisations since.