[Icfp04-discuss] simulator speed

Thomas Pototschnig thomas.pototschnig at gmx.de
Mon Jun 7 02:39:05 EDT 2004

Hi

on my AMD XP 1800+ CPU it tooks about 2min for 100.000 cycles with 182ants
(fullsize-world)

I implemented 2 modes in my GUI -
in the 1st mode my screen is refreshed after every single cycle - this takes
very long for 100.000 cycles
the 2nd mode uses a thread for the ants and my screen is refreshed only
every 1ms
mode 2 speeds it up extremly - but in mode 2 I can't follow the ant :)
(About 400 cycles/ms)

Thomas