[Icfp04-discuss] some questions about you

Detlef Pleiss detlef at dpleiss.de
Mon Jun 7 10:45:36 EDT 2004

> | Where does everybody come from?
Germany - Osnabrueck

> | How old are you?

42
(if not for any question, it's still for now the correct answer to that
question)

> | Why do you compete?

the fun of coding a complete task from beginning to end, for a change.
I first read the task before deciding to participate. I liked it, so I'm in
:)
I had some idea regarding the task that I myself was curious to see wether
it would work out.
I like programming internals, or models like this, without GUI;
my contest software is text console based only.

> | Do you have a homepage?
not yet

> | What team name do you have?
"Detlef Pleiss"

> | Lightning Division?
Yes. Got the software mostly working, but submitted bad performing ants.

> | Main Contest?
Yes, already submitted as well.

> | Feel Lucky - Will you be the winner?
yes, I'll gain the special price for the least phantasy in choosing a team
name.

> | Staying Awake during nights?
got a little less sleep than usual, about 4h less in 2 days.

> | Maximum 1 pot of coffee per hour :-)-
yes, coffee, cola, water
no alcohol, that wouldn't work for me
or let's say I wouldn't work on any task any longer

ciao - Det.