[Icfp04-discuss] Can someone beat this.....

Jens Hauke hauke at ipd.uka.de
Tue Jun 8 13:40:12 EDT 2004

Hi,

We (KaNT) also tryed some GA (used for lightning submission). The ants
find food, but we did'nt start the GA from scratch. The 150-x.ant's are
interesting, because they found themself a solution for "home defence"
with high enemy killing rate after 2 days of evolution! They kill more
than 50 ants of our final solution (but than still lose).

The ants:
http://www.ipd.uka.de/~hauke/icfp2004/

The language for the handcoded ants:
http://www.ipd.uka.de/~hauma/icfp2004/

I think, we also spent to much time for writing the compiler, the
simulator and the simulator gui - not enough time left to improve ant
strategy's.

It's amazing, what is possible in just 72h.

Thanks to the organisers! Great Task!

  Jens