[Icfp04-discuss] Easy GUI

Jay Nelson jay at duomark.com
Wed Jun 9 01:05:04 EDT 2004

A couple people mentioned that they didn't have a good GUI.
I took the barebones approach of using 'less'.  Print out each
cycle that you want to view to a single file.  Resize an X window
to hold 102 lines to get the \nAfter round XXX...\n plus the
playing field.  'less' will show the frame and you can go forward
or backward one frame at a time, or type 1020 and scroll thru
10 frames, etc.  Worked well enough, but a little slow for the
full size game.  Using a very small font everything looks like
ants anyway.

I would be interested in a rematch now that I have time to try
out a few ideas.

jay