[Icfp04-discuss] Visualisation

Bernhard Haumacher haui at haumacher.de
Wed Jun 9 16:12:14 EDT 2004

Finn Wilcox wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Paul Pelzl wrote:
>
>>My ant may suck, but I'm feeling pretty good about my development tools!
>>:-)
>>

> Sounds familiar.  I devised a C-like language for my ant but couldn't get the
> compiler finished in time.  It included do, while, switch, functions and
> simulated variables, even structs and enums.
> Surprisingly I never ran out of states, but then I only spent about an hour
> on the ant itself.
> Perhaps too elaborate for a 72 hour task.
>
> Did anyone else try something similar?

We almost finished our language and compiler (there seem to be some
problems left with parametrized procedure calls), but we had done better
staying with a more simplistic language and investing some more time in
ant development.

You may have a look at our tools:

    http://www.ipd.uka.de/~hauma/icfp2004/language.html

Best regards,   Bernhard.