[Icfp04-discuss] Evolutionary Ants

Carlos Scheidegger carlos.scheidegger at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 04:36:02 EDT 2004

I think there's probably some good compromise between the compiler
approach and the evolutionary approach: I can envision more
interesting mutation operators applied to high-level code. This has
the added approach of low-level ant code being independent of the
high-level code in which the mutations are being operated. I think I
recall reading about some advantages of having distinct 'genotypes'
and 'fenotypes'. Also, genetic programming deals explicitly with
evolving programs, so you could probably borrow a lot of techniques.

-carlos