[Icfp04-discuss] multiple ants in one game

Andres Loeh ksicfp at andres-loeh.de
Fri Jun 11 18:22:07 EDT 2004

> It will be interesting to see how well strategies designed primarily for one
> on one competition translate to higher numbers and what difference (if any)
> it makes to the relative strengths of the different species. Overcrowding
> might be an issue also but changing the size of the world will probably have
> an even greater effect.

I expect that some strategies will be at a huge disadvatage competing
against multiple opponents. Consider a strategy (like, I think,
redteam's) which delegates a specific number of ants to enclose *the*
enemy anthill ...

Furthermore, if death is only caused when being surrounded by 5 ants
of the same enemy species, some trap tests become too conservative,
because sensing cannot distinguish different enemy species.

Andres