[Icfp04-discuss] Scheme, Ruby ?

Alejandro Forero Cuervo bachue at bachue.com
Tue Jun 15 12:54:45 EDT 2004

> Have  anybody  used Scheme  or  Ruby  to  write tools  for  the
> contest ? It would be  interesting to know what implementations
> were  used  (and  in  particular  graphics  libraries  for  ant
> visualization, if any).
>
> Any observations  on simulator speed in  these langs, efficient
> data representation (terrain, ants) ?

Our team used Scheme to code  both our simulator and our compiler
for ants.  We used the Chicken Scheme implementation.  There are
more details in our page:

    http://bachue.com/icfp/2004/

Our  simulator  generates images  in  the  PNM format,  which  we
convert to GIF  files using Imagemagick.  You can  see an example
animation in our team's page.

Our simulator took around 30 secs  to run a 100.000 rounds match.
We didn't spend any time optimizing it.

Alejo.
http://bachue.com/alejo

---=(  Comunidad de Usuarios de Software Libre en Colombia  )=---
---=(  http://bachue.com/colibri )=--=( colibri at bachue.com  )=---