[Icfp04-discuss] Unofficial Tournament

Benjamin C. Pierce bcpierce at saul.cis.upenn.edu
Fri Jun 18 16:17:12 EDT 2004

> As a service to the ICFP 2004 community, we have decided to organize a
> little online tournament between the submitted ants.
>
> This way, we can learn before the official September announcement how good
> are our ants. Of course, it is unofficial, it doesn't contain all the ants
> the organizers received, and it is only for fun.

The contest organizers would very much prefer that people *not* announce
the results of any tournaments between (subsets of) the submitted ants
before the official announcement at ICFP.  This will ruin the suspense
and spoil the fun of the official announcement.

Thanks,

    Benjamin

BENJAMIN C. PIERCE, Professor
Dept. of Computer & Information Science
University of Pennsylvania                                    +1 215 898-2012
3330 Walnut St.                                          Fax: +1 215 898-0587
Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA                http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce