[TYPES/announce] CiE 2011 - Call for Informal Presentations

S Barry Cooper pmt6sbc at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Sat Mar 5 11:56:44 EST 2011

Call for Informal Presentations

CiE 2011: Computability in Europe
Models of Computation in Context
Sofia, Bulgaria
27 June 2011 - 2 July 2011

http://cie2011.fmi.uni-sofia.bg/

There is a remarkable difference in conference style between computer
science and mathematics conferences. Mathematics conferences allow for
informal presentations that are prepared very shortly before the
conference and inform the participants about current research and work in
progress. The format of computer science conferences with pre-conference
proceedings is not able to accommodate this form of scientific
communication.

Continuing the tradition of past CiE conferences, this year's CiE
conference endeavours to get the best of both worlds. In addition to the
formal presentations based on our LNCS proceedings volume, we invite
researchers to present informal presentations. For this, please send us a
brief description of your talk (between one paragraph and one page) by the
DEADLINE:

MAY 15, 2011

Please submit your abstract electronically, via EasyChair, selecting the
category "Informal Presentation".

You will be notified whether your talk has been accepted for informal
presentation usually within a week after your submission, so if you intend
to apply for ASL Student Travel Awards you should submit your abstract
before March 27, 2011.

Let us remind you that we are planning several post-conference
publications, which will contain full articles of selected CiE 2011
presentations, including informal presentations.

GRANTS:

Grants for students, members of the ASL:

Students who are members of the ASL may apply for ASL travel support.
Applications have to be addressed directly to the ASL, see their web-site
on student travel awards for more information. The deadline for applying
for an ASL grant is March 27, 2011, applying earlier is encouraged.

NSF Grants for young U.S. participants:

The National Science Foundation of the United States is providing travel
support targeted at junior researchers and students from the U.S.
Request for support should be sent to cenzer at ufl.edu by March 30, 2011.
Preference will be given to those who are presenting papers at the
conference. Students should provide a letter of support from their
advisors.

EMS grants for young East European Reserchers:

Thanks to the generous support from EMS, CiE 2011 is glad to be able to
offer partial or total fee waivers for a small number of Eastern European
researchers (including from former Soviet Union), whose work has been
accepted for presentation at CiE2011. Preference will be given to young
researchers and researchers with papers accepted for LNCS. To apply,
please send an application to cie2011 at fmi.uni-sofia.bg. The application
should include name, affiliation and the title of the submission for CiE
2011. The deadline for application is April 30, 2011.

Women in Computability:

In 2011, we continue the programme "Women in Computability" (funded from
2008 to 2010 by the Elsevier Foundation) now supported by the journal
"Annals of Pure and Applied Logic" (Elsevier). As part of this programme,
we can offer four modest "Elsevier Women in Computability grants" for
female graduate students or junior researchers. The grant will be paid as
a reimbursement of up to 200 EUR of travel and accommodation expenses.
More information about deadlines and the application process will become
available in March 2011. All questions about the conference could be send
at

cie2011 at fmi.uni-sofia.bg

Association Computability in Europe
http://www.computability.org.uk