[TYPES/announce] CONCUR 2013 - Call for affiliated workshops
Pedro R. D'Argenio
dargenio at famaf.unc.edu.ar
Thu Nov 29 21:08:24 EST 2012
[We apologise for multiple copies.]
* CONCUR 2013 * (http://www.concur-conferences.org/concur2013)
Call for affiliated workshops
The 24th Conference on Concurrency Theory (CONCUR 2013) will be held from
August 26th to August 31st 2013, in Buenos Aires, Argentina. It will be
co-located with the 10th International Conference on Quantitative
Evaluation of SysTems (QEST), the 11th International Conference on Formal
Modeling and Analysis of Timed Systems FORMATS and the 8th International
Symposium on Trustworthy Global Computing (TGC).
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for workshops
to be affiliated to CONCUR 2013, on topics related to concurrency theory
and its applications. Example topics include: semantics, logics,
verification techniques for concurrent systems, cross-fertilization between
industry and academia and opportunities for young and prospective
Past CONCUR conferences have been accompanied by successful workshops on a
variety of topics, such as formal and foundational methods, models of
systems (biological, timed), security issues, semantical issues, and
verification methods. See the following links for examples of past
The purpose of the workshops is to provide participants with a friendly,
interactive atmosphere for presenting novel ideas and discussing their
The workshops take place on Monday, August 26th and Saturday, August 31st,
Proposals should include:
* The name and the preferred date of the proposed workshop.
* Proposed workshop duration.
* A short scientific summary of the topic, its scope and significance,
including a discussion on the relation with CONCUR topics.
* If applicable, a description of past versions of the workshop,
including dates, organizers, submission and acceptance counts, and
* Procedures for selecting papers and/or talks, plans for dissemination
(for example, proceedings and special issues of journals), and the
expected number of participants.
Workshop proposals due: January 14, 2013
Notification of acceptance: January 21, 2013
Workshops: August 26 and August 3, 2013
Submissions to: Eduardo Bonelli (ebonelli at unq.edu.ar) and Diego
Garbervetsky (diegog at dc.uba.ar)
The CONCUR organization offers:
* Link from the CONCUR web site.
* Setup of meeting space, and related equipment.
* On-line and on-site registration to the workshop.
* One free workshop registration (for an invited speaker)
The main responsibility of organizing a workshop goes to the workshop
* Workshop publicity (possibly including call for papers, submission and
* Scheduling workshop activities in collaboration with the CONCUR workshop
For more information, please contact us via email ebonelli at unq.edu.ar and
diego at dc.uba.ar
The CONCUR 2013 workshop chairs,
Eduardo Bonelli and Diego Garbervetsky
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Types-announce