[TYPES/announce] Workshop Haskell and Rewriting Techniques HART 2013
jv at informatik.uni-bonn.de
Sun Feb 17 17:10:19 EST 2013
Rewriting is the science of replacing equals by equals and thus a very
powerful method for dealing with equations. There are strong connections
between Haskell programming and rewriting. Therefore, we announce a new
International Workshop on Haskell And Rewriting Techniques (HART 2013)
to be held on June 27, in conjunction with RDP 2013, in Eindhoven.
(RDP contains RTA, the main rewriting conference.)
We plan a half day of discussions, in an informal setting, on how
Haskell and rewriting techniques and theories can cross-fertilize each
Topics of interest are, for example,
- equational reasoning and other rewriting techniques for program
verification and analysis;
- lambda calculi and type systems for functional programs and higher
order rewriting systems;
- rewriting of type expressions in the type checker;
- rewriting of programs by refactoring tools, optimizers, code generators;
- execution of programs as a form of graph rewriting;
- template Haskell, introducing a rewriting-like macro language into the
This list of topics is non-exclusive. If you have a contribution that
connects Haskell and rewriting, then submit. When in doubt, contact a
member of the PC.
Alcino Cunha (U Minho)
Jürgen Giesl (RWTH Aachen)
Andy Gill (U of Kansas)
Johan Jeuring (U Utrecht)
Keisuke Nakano (UEC Tokyo)
Kristoffer H Rose (IBM Watson) (co-chair)
Christian Sternagel (JAIST)
Janis Voigtländer (U Bonn)
Johannes Waldmann (HTWK Leipzig) (co-chair)
May 6: deadline for submissions
May 20: notification of acceptance
June 27: workshop
Submission and Proceedings:
Two categories of submissions are invited:
- Extended abstracts. Presenting original research, and also preliminary
reports of work in progress. Will be included in the proceedings.
- Presentation-only papers. Describing work recently published or
submitted. Will not be included in the proceedings.
Papers should be at most 5 pages in length, and should use the
easychair.cls style. Submission is handled through the EasyChair
HART2013 page, https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=hart2013
In line with the informal style of the workshop, the reviewing of
submissions will be light.
When accepting and scheduling presentations, preference will be given to
Proceedings will be made available electronically at the workshop.
More information about the Types-announce