[TYPES/announce] (Extended deadline: April 17) CFP: FCS'13 Workshop on Foundations of Computer Security
bruno.blanchet at inria.fr
Wed Apr 10 09:38:36 EDT 2013
EXTENDED DEADLINE: April 17
! FCS 2013 !
! Workshop on Foundations of Computer Security !
! Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA !
! June 29, 2013 !
! http://prosecco.inria.fr/personal/bblanche/fcs13/ !
! Affiliated with LICS 2013 and CSF 2013 !
Extended deadline: April 17, 2013
Notification of acceptance: May 15, 2013 (updated)
Final papers: June 6, 2013 (updated)
Invited speaker: Boris Koepf, IMDEA, Spain
Background, aim and scope
The aim of the workshop FCS'13 is to provide a forum for continued
activity in different areas of computer security, bringing computer
security researchers in closer contact with the LICS community and
giving LICS attendees an opportunity to talk to experts in computer
security, on the one hand, and contribute to bridging the gap between
logical methods and computer security foundations, on the other.
We are interested both in new results in theories of computer security
and also in more exploratory presentations that examine open questions
and raise fundamental concerns about existing theories, as well as in
new results on developing and applying automated reasoning techniques
and tools for the formal specification and analysis of security
protocols. We thus solicit submissions of papers both on mature work
and on work in progress.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
Automated reasoning techniques
Foundations of verification
Information flow analysis
Access control and resource usage control
Availability and denial of service
Integrity and privacy
All submissions will be peer-reviewed. Authors of accepted papers must
guarantee that their paper will be presented at the workshop.
FCS'13 welcomes two kinds of submissions
- short abstracts (1 page including references)
- full papers (at most 15 pages including references)
Short abstracts will receive as rigorous review as do full
papers. Short abstracts may receive shorter talk slots at the workshop
than do full papers, depending on the number of accepted
submissions. All papers should be written in the Springer LNCS style
available at the URL http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html
The cover page should include title, names of authors, co-ordinates of
the corresponding author, an abstract, and a list of
keywords. Submissions that are clearly too long may be rejected
immediately. Additional material intended for the referees but not for
publication in the final version - for example details of proofs - may
be placed in a clearly marked appendix that is not included in the
Authors are invited to submit their papers electronically, as portable
document format (pdf); please, do not send files formatted for word
processing packages (e.g., Microsoft Word or WordPerfect files). The
only mechanism for paper submissions is via the dedicated EasyChair
submission web page:
Please follow the instructions given there.
The workshop has no published proceedings. Presenting a paper at the
workshop should not preclude submission to or publication in other
venues. Copies of papers presented at the workshop will be made
available in electronic format, but this will not constitute an
* Myrto Arapinis (University of Birmingham, UK)
* Aslan Askarov (Harvard University, USA)
* Bruno Blanchet (INRIA Paris-Rocquencourt, France, co-chair)
* Michael Clarkson (The George Washington University, USA, co-chair)
* Sara Foresti (Universita` degli Studi di Milano, Italy)
* Deepak Garg (Max Planck Institute for Software Systems, Germany)
* Catalin Hritcu (University of Pennsylvania, USA)
* Alan Jeffrey (Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs, USA)
* Peeter Laud (Cybernetica AS, Estonia)
* Gurvan Le Guernic (DGA Maîtrise de l'Information, France)
* Stephen Magill (IDA Center for Computing Sciences, USA)
* David Naumann (Stevens Institute of Technology, USA)
* Andrei Sabelfeld (Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden)
* Santiago Zanella Béguelin (Microsoft Research Cambridge, UK)
More information about the Types-announce