[TYPES/announce] POPL 2014 : Second Call for Tutorials
viktor at mpi-sws.org
Tue Aug 6 07:49:28 EDT 2013
**** ACM POPL 2014 : Second Call for Tutorials ****
Since 2012, POPL has been/is home to TutorialFest, which features a buffet of half-day talks oriented towards students in particular and other POPL attendees in general. Tutorials for POPL 2014 are solicited on any topic relevant to the POPL audience. In particular, tutorials that strive to do one of the following have been particularly successful in the past:
* Describe an important piece of research infrastructure.
* Educate the community on an emerging topic.
For examples of past tutorials, see the websites of TutorialFest 2013 and 2012.
In 2014, tutorials will be held on Monday January 20, 2014 (two days before the main conference and the day before PLMW).
For each accepted tutorial, one presenter will receive complimentary registration to POPL. We are investigating low-cost options for video-recording tutorials if and only if tutorial presenters wish.
*** Submission Procedures ***
Submissions should be in pdf or plain-text, sent via email to Tobias Wrigstad (tobias.wrigstad at it.uu.se, with subject line "POPL tutorial proposal") with the following information:
* Tutorial title
* Presenter(s), affiliation(s), and contact information
* 1-3 page description (for evaluation). This should include the objectives, topics to be covered, presentation approach, target audience, prerequisite knowledge, and if the tutorial was previously held, the location (i.e. which conference), date, and number of attendees.
* 1-2 paragraph abstract suitable for tutorial publicity.
* 1 paragraph biography suitable for tutorial publicity.
The tutorial chair may also solicit tutorials directly, as has been common in the past.
*** Important Dates ***
Submission Deadline: September 15, 2013, anywhere on earth.
Tutorial Notification: On or before October 15, 2013.
*** Questions ***
Questions should be emailed to the POPL 2014 student activities chair, Tobias Wrigstad, tobias.wrigstad at it.uu.se.
More information about the Types-announce