[TYPES/announce] CONCUR 2014: Call for Workshops
crafa at math.unipd.it
Wed Oct 16 08:03:14 EDT 2013
* CONCUR 2014 * THE 25TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CONCURRENCY THEORY
1-6 September 2014, Roma, Italy
CALL FOR AFFILIATED WORKSHOPS
The 25th Conference on Concurrency Theory (CONCUR 2014) will be held
from September 1st to September 6st 2014, in Rome, Italy. It will be
co-located with the 9th International Symposium on Trustworthy Global
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for
workshops to be affiliated to CONCUR 2014, on topics related to
concurrency theory and its applications. Example topics include:
semantics, logics, verification techniques for concurrent systems,
cross-fertilization between industry and academia and opportunities for
young and prospective researchers.
Past CONCUR conferences have been accompanied by successful workshops on
a variety of topics, such as formal and foundational methods, models of
systems (biological, timed), security issues, semantical issues, and
verification methods. You can have an idea of the past workshops by
browsing the pages of the past editions of CONCUR.
The purpose of the workshops is to provide participants with a friendly,
interactive atmosphere for presenting novel ideas and discussing their
The workshops take place on Monday, September 1st and Saturday,
September 6th, 2014.
Proposals should include:
* The name and the preferred date of the proposed workshop (Sept. 1st
* A short description of the workshop (500 words max).
* If applicable, a description of past versions of the workshop,
including dates, organizers, submission and acceptance counts, and
* The expected number of participants.
* The name and short CV of the organizer(s).
* The publication plan (only invited speakers, no published
proceedings, pre-/post-proceedings published with EPTCS/ENTCS/...).
The CONCUR organization offers:
* Link from the CONCUR web site.
* Setup of meeting space, and related equipment.
* On-line and on-site registration to the workshop.
* One free workshop registration (for an invited speaker)
The main responsibility of organizing a workshop goes to the workshop
* Workshop publicity (possibly including call for papers, submission
and review process).
* Scheduling workshop activities in collaboration with the CONCUR
Submission of workshop proposals: by Novermber 3rd, 2013
Notification: by November 25th, 2013
SUBMISSION TO: Silvia Crafa (crafa at math.unipd.it)
For more information, please contact me via email (crafa at math.unipd.it)
The CONCUR 2014 workshop chair,
Universita' di Padova
More information about the Types-announce