[TYPES/announce] Three Imperial College Academic Positions

Eisenbach, Susan s.eisenbach at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Nov 9 13:16:41 EST 2013

Faculty Positions
Organization/Institution: Imperial College London
Department: Department of Computing
Salary Range: £45,040- £50,190 per annum
The Department of Computing at Imperial College London invites applications for three permanent full-time lectureship positions. These are comparable to American Assistant Professorships. We are interested in applications from any areas of computer science, and especially from the fields of Computational Optimisation, Databases, Robotic Vision and Verification.
The Department of Computing is one of the largest Computing departments in the UK, and is a world leader in academic research in Computer Science. Its research has been ranked 2nd in the UK in the Research Assessment Exercise undertaken by the Higher Education funding Council for England in 2008. The Complete University Guide ranks the department’s teaching as second in Computer Science.
Applicants will have a PhD or equivalent in a relevant field. You should be able to demonstrate an ability to establish independent research and you will be expected to contribute fully to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes in the Department.
For further information on the Department visit http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/computing/.
How to apply:
Our preferred method of application is online via our website http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/employment, (please select “Job Search” then enter the job title or vacancy reference number EN20130400RLB into “Keywords”). Please complete and upload an application form as directed.
In addition to the application form, you should attach a full CV (including a list of publications) that covers any aspects of your career not covered by the online form, a 2-3 page statement of your research plans over the next 5 years, a brief statement of your teaching interests, and the names and email addresses of three or more individuals who will provide letters of recommendation.
For queries regarding the application process contact Margaret Hall: margaret.hall at imperial.ac.uk<mailto:margaret.hall at imperial.ac.uk>
To ensure full consideration for a position, applications should be received by 13 January 2014 (Midnight GMT), however applications may be accepted after that date.
Committed to equality and valuing diversity. We are also an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and a Two Ticks Employer.