[TYPES/announce] CFP Workshop on Efficient and Natural Proof Systems, Bath, 14-16 December, 2015.

Anupam Das anupamdotdas at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 08:31:13 EDT 2015

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS AND PARTICIPATION

Workshop on EFFICIENT AND NATURAL PROOF SYSTEMS
University of Bath
14-16 December, 2015
<http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/ag/ENPS/wenps2015.html>

The Mathematical Foundations group at the Department of Computer
Science, University of Bath, will host a two-day workshop on structural
proof theory this December.

We are seeking talks on ongoing or completed work on various aspects of
structural proof theory, including but not limited to the following topics:

- deep inference proof theory
- algebraic, combinatorial and geometric representations of proofs
- proof compression
- normalisation of proofs
- proof checking
- proof search
- complexity of proofs
- computational interpretations of proofs

There will be no fee or formal registration for the workshop and anyone
is welcome to attend. There is some funding for students and postdocs
(please ask).

Informal enquiries can be made to <mailto:wenps2015 at easychair.org>.

CONFIRMED SPEAKERS

Arnold Beckmann (Swansea)
Roy Dyckhoff (St Andrews)
Alessio Guglielmi (Bath)
Tom Gundersen (Red Hat)
Dale Miller (INRIA)
Georg Moser (Innsbruck)
Michel Parigot (PPS, Paris)
Simona Ronchi Della Rocca (Torino)
Luca Roversi (Torino)

COURSE ON DEEP INFERENCE (14 December from 14:00 to 18:30)

Deep inference is a modern proof theory offering a better understanding
of proofs and extending the range of applications of traditional Gentzen
proof theory. We offer three graduate level lectures for students and
researchers who are already acquainted with the basics of Gentzen proof
theory.

- Principles (Alessio Guglielmi, Bath)
- Normalisation (Paola Bruscoli, Bath)
- Complexity (Anupam Das, ENS Lyon)

DEADLINES AND AUTHOR INSTRUCTIONS

We ask potential contributors to submit an extended abstract (at most
two pages in any style) at the following submission page:
<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wenps2015>.

Deadline for submission: 4th October 2015
Notification to authors: 25th October 2015

There will be no proceedings.

ORGANISING AND PROGRAMME COMMITTEE

Paola Bruscoli (Bath)
Anupam Das (ENS Lyon)
Willem Heijltjes (Bath)
Lutz Straßburger (INRIA)

VENUE

Room 1W 2.103, University of Bath.

CHILDCARE

The University of Bath is committed to a supportive and inclusive
working environment. Childcare will be provided to workshop participants
or their children if required. If you need this service, please contact
us at <mailto:wenps2015 at easychair.org>.

ACCESSIBILITY

If you have requests concerning accessibility or dietary requirements,
please contact us at <mailto:wenps2015 at easychair.org>and we will do all
we can to assist.

FUNDING

EPSRC Project EP/K018868/1 'Efficient and Natural Proof Systems'
<http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/ag/ENPS/>.