[TYPES/announce] Research Associate in Program Analysis - Ref:1535774

Harman, Mark mark.harman at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Feb 12 10:56:34 EST 2016

Research Associate in Program Analysis - Ref:1535774
CREST Centre, UCL Computer Science Department
Grade 7 (£33,686 to 40,716 per annum, inclusive of London allowance)
This post is funded until 31 May 2018 in the first instance. Further funding to support the post may be available.
Closing Date for applications: 29th March 2016

Applications are invited for a Research Associate post on an EPSRC-funded grant in the CREST (Centre for Research on Evolution, Search in Testing) at UCL, working in the general area of Programming Languages, supervised by Professor Mark Harman and Dr. Earl Barr. We are interested in exploring the relationship between program analysis and software optimisation using search based software engineering. Recent advances in SBSE have opened up exciting possibilities to extend traditional program analysis to, for instance, find constraints and program transformations that allow program analysis to scale to real world, industrial programs.

Key Requirements: This research associate post is suitable either for a researcher with a background in program analysis, interested in learning about computational search, or a researcher with a background in computational search, interested in learning about program analysis. While the post naturally suits a researcher with a background in both topics, we do not expect applicants to have expertise in both. Rather, we are interested in recruiting a researcher with a strong background in either topic who is interested in extending their expertise to cover the other. Candidates should have been awarded or about to be assessed for a PhD level qualification in a relevant subject. Publication in relevant peer reviewed venues is essential, with strong preference for quality over quantity.

The research environment in the CREST centre at UCL offers outstanding opportunities for personal and career development. The Centre and the Software Systems Engineering group are friendly, supportive and collaborative. We make great effort to ensure that all of our research staff achieve their fullest possible potential; more senior staff devote time to the nurturing and development of more junior staff. The group, the department and the university have a strong international research reputation.

Further Details including a link to the application portal: http://bit.ly/1QZDEbS

If you would like to discussion your application informally please contact Prof. M. Harman (CC: Dr. E. Barr).
For all administrative enquiries please contact Katie Bourke (crest-admin at ucl.ac.uk<mailto:crest-admin at ucl.ac.uk>).

UCL Taking Action for Equality
Our department holds an Athena SWAN Bronze award, which illustrates our commitment to addressing gender equality.
This appointment is subject to UCL Terms and Conditions of Service for Research and Support Staff.
-----
Mark Harman,
Professor of Software Engineering,
Head of the Software Systems Engineering Group and
Director of the CREST centre,
Department of Computer Science,
University College London,
Malet Place, London, WC1E 6BT, UK.

Office: MPEG 7.14
Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 1305; 31305 (internal)
PA: Katie Bourke: crest-admin at cs.ucl.ac.uk<mailto:crest-admin at cs.ucl.ac.uk>; +44 (0)20 7679 0325 (Direct Dial); 30325 (internal)

email: Mark.Harman at ucl.ac.uk<mailto:Mark.Harman at ucl.ac.uk>.
web: http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/M.Harman/
twitter: @Mark_Harman