[TYPES/announce] Call for Participation: VerifyThis Verification Competition 2016
m.huisman at utwente.nl
m.huisman at utwente.nl
Sun Feb 14 11:34:37 EST 2016
VerifyThis Verification Competition 2016
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Competition to be held at ETAPS 2016
2 April 2016, Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Travel grants available
Travel grant application deadline: February 24
Travel grant notification: February 26
After this date, travel grants can be applied for subject to availability of funding
ETAPS early registration ends on: March 1
Competition: April 2 (full-day event)
Post-competition discussions: April 3
Announcement of prizes: April 4 (during ETAPS welcome reception)
VerifyThis 2016 is a program verification competition taking place as part of the European Joint Conferences on Theory and Practice of
Software (ETAPS 2016) on April 2nd, 2016 in Eindhoven, Netherlands. It is the 5th event in the VerifyThis competition series.
The aims of the competition are:
- to bring together those interested in formal verification, and to provide an engaging, hands-on, and fun opportunity for discussion
- to evaluate the usability of logic-based program verification tools in a controlled experiment that could be easily repeated by others.
The competition will offer a number of challenges presented in natural language. Participants have to formalize the requirements, implement a solution, and formally verify the implementation for adherence to the specification.
There are no restrictions on the programming language and verification technology used. The correctness properties posed in problems will have the input-output behavior of programs in focus. Solutions will be judged for correctness, completeness and elegance.
The competition has funds for a limited number of travel grants. A grant covers the incurred travel and accommodation costs up to a certain amount. The amount is EUR 250 for those coming from Europe and EUR 500 for those coming from outside Europe.
To apply for a travel grant, send an email to etaps2016 at verifythis.org. The application should include:
- your name
- your affiliation
- the academic degree you are seeking resp. your career stage
- the verification system(s) you plan to use at the competition
- the planned composition of your team
- a short letter of motivation explaining your involvement with formal verification so far
- if you are a student or PhD student, please have your supervisor send a brief letter of support by email to the same address.
Evaluation criteria are qualifications (for the applicant's career level), need (please explain briefly in your application), and diversity (technical, geographical, etc.).
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- best team
- best student team
- tool used by most teams
- tool providing most assistance to the user
PARTICIPATION and REGISTRATION
Participation is open for anybody interested. Teams of up to two people are allowed. Physical presence on site is required. We particularly encourage participation of:
- student teams (this includes PhD students)
- non-developer teams using a tool someone else developed
- several teams using the same tool
VerifyThis is an official one-day satellite event of ETAPS. Please register with ETAPS. To facilitate planning, please also send an email to etaps2016 at verifythis.org stating your planned team composition and verification system(s) you plan to use. Informal inquiries are welcome at the same address.
* Marieke Huisman, University of Twente, the Netherlands
* Vladimir Klebanov, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
* Rosemary Monahan, National University of Ireland Maynooth
* Peter Müller, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
etaps2016 at verifythis.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Types-announce