[TYPES/announce] Funding opportunity to work on automated security analysis of C code at Queen Mary University of London

pasquale malacaria p.malacaria at qmul.ac.uk
Mon Sep 26 12:31:27 EDT 2016

***** Funding opportunity to work on automated security analysis of C
code at Queen Mary University of London ****

The School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science at Queen Mary
University of London (QMUL) has funding available to investigate the use
of CBMC for automated security analysis of C code, in particular systems
code. The background of this research is recent work on the use of CBMC
for security analysis of OpenSSL, and the aim is to develop
methodologies and tools for effective security analysis of complex C code.

Initially the funding is for a fixed term research contract up to the
end of March 2017 but we anticipate further research opportunities in
this area will be available, subject to funding approval. The starting
date is flexible but we would like to have someone in place by mid-end
October 2016.

Applicants should already have permission to work in the UK to apply for
this role as unfortunately we will not be able to provide visa
sponsorship. Applicants are also expected to have experience in software
verification, C code and CBMC.
The verification and security team at QMUL includes core developers of CBMC.

For inquires please contact Professor Pasquale Malacaria
p.malacaria at qmul.ac.uk