[TYPES/announce] lecturer in cyber security vacancies -- university of southampton

Vladimiro Sassone vsassone at soton.ac.uk
Fri Oct 14 07:56:14 EDT 2016

Dear all, we are looking for Cyber Security Lecturers from early career (first employment) onwards. Appointment at Associate Professor level possible for exceptional candidates.

Salary:   £37,075 to £46,924 per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date:   Sunday 30 October 2016
Reference:  787016FP

Applications are invited for two Lecturer positions within the Department of Electronics and Computer Science, either in the specific area of cyber security or more generally in Computer Science.

We are looking for highly-motivated and excellent scholars in cyber security, covering science and engineering of cyber security and information assurance or in areas of computer science that complement our existing activities.  In terms of cyber security, specific topics of interest include the security and privacy of emerging applications of the internet-of-things and cloud computing, the protection of cyber-physical systems, system and network security, computer forensics, intrusion detection, authentication systems, cyber risk and economics, usability and human aspects of cyber security. More generally in terms of computer science, topics of interest include data analytics, machine learning, web and internet science, interaction, complexity and agent-based systems, computer graphics, biometrics,software verification, formal methods, logics, information systems and concurrent programming.

Apply at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=787016FP

Regards,
\vs

professor vladimiro sassone
Roke/RAEng research chair in cyber security
cybersecurity research centre, director
university of southampton