[TYPES/announce] Three open faculty positions (tenure-track or tenured) at MPI-SWS

Derek Dreyer dreyer at mpi-sws.org
Fri Dec 9 07:40:12 EST 2016

[Note for Types folks: Although we already have several faculty in PL
and verification, we are quite open at this point to hiring more.]

At the Max Planck Institute for Software Systems (MPI-SWS), we are
looking to fill three tenure-track (and/or tenured) faculty positions
starting in October 2017. Our faculty positions combine the benefits
of academia and research labs: full academic freedom combined with
generous, perpetual base funding to lead a team of students and
postdocs.  We would like to invite applications from outstanding
applicants in all areas pertaining to the theory and practice of
software systems, including security and privacy, embedded and mobile
systems, distributed and parallel systems, computational social
science, legal, economic, and social aspects of computing, NLP,
machine learning, information and knowledge management, programming
languages, algorithms and logic, and verification.

Candidates should hold (or expect to receive by the end of 2017) a
doctoral degree in computer science or a related discipline. To
receive full consideration, applications should be received by
December 16, 2016.

Applicants at all levels of seniority should apply at:
https://apply.mpi-sws.org.

Further information about our institute and the positions can be found
at our website (https://www.mpi-sws.org). I would also be happy to
answer any informal queries.

Sincerely,
Derek Dreyer