[TYPES/announce] PhD Position at U Tuebingen, Germany

Klaus Ostermann klaus.ostermann at uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Apr 24 10:57:10 EDT 2017

We have an open position for a PhD student in our group, to be filled
immediately.

Our group is mainly doing research in the field of programming
techniques and programming languages. Being a good programmer and being
excited about programming languages is a prerequisite for applicants. We
often work with Scala, Haskell, Coq, or Agda.

One task associated to this position is to supervise the "Tübinger
Softwareprojekt", which is an exciting new form of collaboration between
industry and academia. Research-wise this position gives a lot of
freedom to develop new topics within our research group or contribute to
our existing research projects.

For this particular position, we are also quite open to applicants who
have already worked as software developers but would like to return to
academia for a PhD. Of course, applicants who have finished their Msc
degree are also welcome.

The position will be paid according to salary scale E13 (around
3600-4000 Euros base salary, depending on qualification, plus generous
benefits).

Please send me a note if you are interested. Contact data can be found
at the link below (or just reply to this email).

Links:

http://ps.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/

http://ps.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/industryproject/