[TYPES/announce] OPLSS 2019 - Oregon Programming Languages Summer School - June 17-29 2019

Gaboardi, Marco gaboardi at buffalo.edu
Sun Mar 17 09:14:31 EDT 2019

We are pleased to announce the program of the 18th annual Oregon Programming Languages
Summer School (OPLSS) to be held from June 17th to June 29th, 2019 at
the University of Oregon in Eugene.

The registration deadline is April 15th, 2019.

Full information on registration and scholarships can be found here:

http://www.cs.uoregon.edu/Activities/summerschool

This year’s topic  is "Foundations of Probabilistic Programming and Security”.

The speakers and topics include:

Amal Ahmed - Northeastern University
Secure Compilation

Andrew Gordon — Microsoft Research
Empowering Spreadsheet Users with Probabilistic Programming

Robert Harper - Carnegie Mellon University
Practical Foundations for Programming Languages

Fritz Henglein - Deon Digital AG and University of Copenhagen
Smart Declarative Contracts

Jan Hoffmann - Carnegie Mellon University
Resource Analysis

Frank Pfenning - Carnegie Mellon University
Session-Typed Concurrent Programming

Alexandra Silva - University College London
Coalgebraic Semantics

Sam Staton — University of Oxford
Probabilistic programming: Bayesian Nonparametrics and Semantics

Nikhil Swamy — Microsoft Research
Verifying Low-level Code for Security and Correctness Properties using F*

We hope you can join us for this excellent program.
Zena Ariola, Paul Downen, Robert Harper and Marco Gaboardi