[TYPES/announce] Postdoc Opportunity at Augusta University

Harley D. Eades III harley.eades at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 13:49:28 EDT 2019

The ForML -- formal methods and computational logic -- Lab at Augusta
University [1] is looking for a postdoc.  The start date, length of term,
and salary are all negotiable, but the latter will be competitive with
respect to US based postdoc salaries.

We are looking for those who are interested in working with myself and/or
Dr. Clement Aubert.  My current project is called the Granule Project [2]
whose goal is to study the theory and application of graded modalities to
type-based programming languages, formal verification, and logic.  Dr.
Aubert's project is on the semantics and applications concurrency in
programming languages [3].

I will be attending ICFP 2019 [4] this year, and if anyone who is also
attending or who is near Berlin would like to chat about this opportunity,
then please do not hesitate to contact me.

The official ad is below, but please send informal inquires to me
directly.  When officially applying please indicate in your statement of
purpose that you are interested in working with the ForML Lab.

Very best,
Harley Eades
Clement Aubert

[1] https://the-au-forml-lab.github.io/index.html
[2] https://granule-project.github.io/
[3] http://spots.augusta.edu/caubert/
[4] https://icfp19.sigplan.org/

==Official Ad===

The formal methods group is led by Paul Attie, Clement Aubert, Harley
Eades, and Alexander Schwarzmann.  We are interested in state of the art
theory and its application.  Among our envisaged directions is the
application of formal methods to cybersecurity and sophisticated
distributed systems (both hardware and software).  PhD students who expect
to graduate within a year are encouraged to apply.

The formal methods group is located in the Georgia Cyber Center (
https://www.gacybercenter.org/) a $100 M facility which is ``the single
largest investment in a cybersecurity facility by a state government to
date.''  The Georgia Cyber Center seeks to prove the USA with a ``decisive
advantage in cyberspace,'' by means of a unique
industry-government-academia partnership.  The Georgia Cyber Center hosts
companies involved in cybersecurity work, and together with the US Army
Cyber Command headquartered in Fort Gordon, Augusta, (
https://www.arcyber.army.mil/) and local academia, provides a unique
ecosystem where challenge problems from military and industry feed into
academic research, and research results feed back into industry and
government practice.

Ms. Regina White
RHULL at augusta.edu

Please include in your application a CV, a statement of purpose, and
contact information for at least three referees.