[TYPES/announce] ACM Workshop on Gradual Typing (WGT at POPL2020)

Siek, Jeremy jsiek at indiana.edu
Thu Aug 29 09:18:40 EDT 2019

CALL FOR PAPERS WGT20
First ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Gradual Typing (WGT)
to be held on January 25th, 2020 in New Orleans
co-hosted with POPL.
Important dates
Submission deadline: Monday, October the 21st, 2019
Notification: Sunday, December the 1st, 2019
Workshop: Saturday, January the 21st, 2020
Description
The ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Gradual Typing is a venue for disseminating the latest results on the integration of compile-time and run-time checking of program invariants, such as the integration of static and dynamic type checking. The workshop serves as an incubator for ideas, open problems, and manuscripts: it is a place where the community can meet, discuss, and give each other constructive feedback. The workshop will encourage participation from researchers in both academia and industry, drawing people from the many active projects on both sides of the aisle.
Criteria and proceedings
We expect the workshop to be informal since its goals are to exchange information, foster collaboration, and establish common ground. This is why not only new results, but also unfinished work with stimulating ideas, or visionary work proposing new research tracks will be welcome. The Program Committee will thus prioritize novelty and timeliness over presentation quality. We also expect authors to use the workshop as a testbed for their work before submitting a polished version of it to mainstream ACM conferences. Thus, the proceedings will not be a formal or archival publication but they will be made available online right before the workshop.
Submission requirements
Submission site: http://wgt20.hotcrp.com

Authors are invited to submit unpublished manuscripts using the site above. Submissions must be in pdf and have no more than 25 pages of text, excluding bibliography, using the new ACM Proceedings format for PACMPL. However, we hope to receive also much shorter submissions typically of 5-10 pages. Why such a stark difference in lengths? We think that 5-10 pages are all you need to expose your unbaked topic or your brilliant idea you want present at the workshop, but we do not want authors of a polished work to be obliged to cut their article just for presenting their results at WGT.

PACMPL templates for Microsoft Word and LaTeX can be found at the SIGPLAN author information page<http://www.sigplan.org/authorInformation.htm>. In particular, authors using LaTeX should use the acmart-pacmpl-template.tex file (with the acmsmall option).

Submitted papers must adhere to the SIGPLAN Republication Policy<http://www.sigplan.org/republicationpolicy.htm> and the ACM Policy on Plagiarism<https://www.acm.org/publications/policies/plagiarism-overview>. Concurrent submissions to other conferences, workshops, journals, or similar forums of publication are not allowed.
Program Committee
Amal Ahmed (Northeastern University)
Nick Benton (Facebook)
Giuseppe Castagna (co-organizer, CNRS and University of Paris)
Erik Ernst (Google Inc.)
Ronald Garcia (University of British Columbia)
Atsushi Igarashi (Kyoto University)
Francesco Nardelli (INRIA)
Dmitry Petrashko (Stripe Inc.)
Jeremy G. Siek (co-organizer, Indiana University)
Eric Tanter (University of Chile)
Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (Indiana University)
Niki Vazou (IMDEA)
Eric Walkingshaw (Oregon State University)

Jeremy G. Siek    <jsiek at indiana.edu<mailto:jsiek at indiana.edu>>
Professor
School of Informatics and Computing
Indiana University Bloomington