[TYPES/announce] 12 month postdoc positions in Paris and Marseille

Thomas Ehrhard ehrhard at irif.fr
Thu Feb 11 15:56:27 EST 2021

The ANR Research Project PPS (Probabilistic Programming Semantics,
ANR-19-CE48-0014) described here:
https://www.irif.fr/anrpps
offers two 12 month postdoc positions for the next academic year:
     * one at IRIF (CNRS and Université de Paris) https://www.irif.fr/
     * one at I2M (CNRS and Université d'Aix-Marseille)
https://www.i2m.univ-amu.fr/

Our goal is to develop formal methods for probabilistic computing
(semantics, type systems, logical frameworks for program verification,
abstract machines ,etc.), building on the many connections between Proof
Theory, Linear Algebra and the Theory of Programming Languages which
arise within Linear Logic.

Acquaintance with probabilistic programming languages, their
mathematical semantics and/or their implementation, is welcome but not
mandatory, although we expect the applicant to be excited to work on
this topic.

Interested persons should contact as soon as possible
Thomas Ehrhard (ehrhard at irif.fr) and
Michele Pagani (pagani at irif.fr)
briefly outlining their academic background and research interest and
indicating if they have a preference as to the location (I2M or IRIF).

As a second step, a complete application consisting of
- a cover letter
- a detailed CV including a list of publications and a summary of research
- contact information for two or three academic references
is expected to be sent by email to Thomas Ehrhard and Michele Pagani.

The review of applications will begin on March 1st and continue until
the position is filled. The positions are expected to start on October
1st 2021 at the latest.