[TYPES/announce] Researcher position on ERC project FUN2MODEL at Oxford

Marta Kwiatkowska marta.kwiatkowska at cs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Feb 18 10:45:10 EST 2021

[Please forward to anyone interested. Apologies for multiple mailing.]

*Senior Research Associate**on FUN2MODEL, fixed term for 3 years, with
the possibility of extension**
**Grade 8: Salary £41,526 – £49,553 p.a. (note: post may be under-filled
at grade 7: £32,817 - £40,322 p.a.)*

*http://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/news/1890-full.html *

We are looking for a motivated Senior Research Associate to play a key
role in the ERC funded FUN2MODEL project (www.fun2model.org), which aims
to develop novel probabilistic verification and synthesis techniques to
enable robust AI.

You will be responsible for carrying out research with an emphasis on
automated verification and synthesis, applied to machine learning. This
may include neuro-symbolic approaches; program synthesis; symbolic
methods; probabilistic verification; statistical relational AI;
robustness and certification. Suitably qualified candidates will have an
opportunity for software implementation, liaising with Dave Parker to
coordinate PRISM codebase extensions. The exact scope of the research
will depend on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.

The closing date for applications is 12 noon on 12th March 2021.
Interviews are expected to be held week commencing 29th March 2021.

Enquiries to Professor Marta Kwiatkowska (marta.kwiatkowska at cs.ox.ac.uk)
are welcome.

For further details and to apply please visit:

https://my.corehr.com/pls/uoxrecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.display_form

Our staff and students come from all over the world and we proudly
promote a friendly and inclusive culture. Diversity is positively
encouraged, through diversity groups and champions, for example
http://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/aboutus/women-cs-oxford/index.html
<http://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/aboutus/women-cs-oxford/index.html>, as well as
a number of family-friendly policies, such as the right to apply for
flexible working and support for staff returning from periods of
extended absence, for example maternity leave.

--
Professor Marta Kwiatkowska FRS
Associate Head of MPLS Division

Tel: +44 (0)1865 283509