[TYPES/announce] Permanent academic positions, Imperial College London

Gardner, Philippa A p.gardner at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Dec 20 15:03:35 EST 2021

Hello all,

We have our usual yearly round of general lectureship (assistant professor) positions<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs/description/ENG01911/lecturers-computing/__;!!IBzWLUs!Gs_xw-rgQoe1cmricwiiy5FpSsRH4bg7gaH06Zcp8adXKk_VOI-cDs5Ek_jAGL7eNFix8xp3osz4Iw$ > at the Department of Computing at Imperial: deadline **4th January**. We have four positions; the added flexibility of many positions usually helps the PL/analysis subjects.

In addition, we have 13 (!) lectureship positions <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs/description/ENG01911/lecturers-computing/__;!!IBzWLUs!Gs_xw-rgQoe1cmricwiiy5FpSsRH4bg7gaH06Zcp8adXKk_VOI-cDs5Ek_jAGL7eNFix8xp3osz4Iw$ > which have just been advertised at the recently created Imperial-X<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ix.imperial.ac.uk/__;!!IBzWLUs!Gs_xw-rgQoe1cmricwiiy5FpSsRH4bg7gaH06Zcp8adXKk_VOI-cDs5Ek_jAGL7eNFix8xpZGByZAg$ >, deadline **17th January and 28th February** (I do not understand the two deadlines, I would aim for the first if you can to dovetail with the other Department positions).  The purpose of Imperial-X is to create new ways of working between academia and industry, across Departments, with inevitably a focus on AI. We count as AI (!), in that there is the virtual SaSSy Initiative<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.imperial.ac.uk/sassy-initiative/__;!!IBzWLUs!Gs_xw-rgQoe1cmricwiiy5FpSsRH4bg7gaH06Zcp8adXKk_VOI-cDs5Ek_jAGL7eNFix8xqigWPPig$ > on the safety and security of our modern software systems, underpinned by rigorous design, specification, testing and verification.

This is happening very quickly. If anyone wishes to find out more about the SaSSy Initiative, please contact me or any of the SaSSy academics. Even if you are not so interested in Imperial-X but are interested in a more traditional position, please look at the SaSSy initiative as it lists in one place the awesome academics that we have at Imperial, working on AL/PL/analysis/security, spanning theory and practice, with substantial connections to industry.

Best wishes,
Philippa