[TYPES/announce] Assistant Professor of Software Technology (tenure track) at Radboud University

Frits Vaandrager F.Vaandrager at cs.ru.nl
Tue Dec 21 02:54:36 EST 2021

Assistant Professor of Software Technology (tenure track)
Employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
Faculty of Science, Radboud University, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Application deadline: 20 January 2022

To strengthen and expand the research of the Software Science (SWS
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.sws.cs.ru.nl/__;!!IBzWLUs!Ctp-a1YNu1DPuzxrCZ-uKDa9FO1CzOCdiC7BKIwzRwhplM1sNYA3oYm-47ZA8ggLwgL3QeRRr5gGWA$ ) group, we seek a Tenure-track Assistant
Professor of Software Technology who will focus on applications and
transfer of academic results to industry/society. You will have the
opportunity to develop your own research line in the context of the SWS
group's future activities.

You will be expected to supervise a number of PhD candidates and to
teach Bachelor's degree courses in Computer Science (e.g. Software
Engineering and New Devices Lab) and Master's degree courses in Software
Science. You will also actively contribute to the supervision of
Bachelor's and Master's projects and will be involved in organisational
tasks within the institute. All teaching is in English.

The position is available in the Software Science (SWS
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.sws.cs.ru.nl/__;!!IBzWLUs!Ctp-a1YNu1DPuzxrCZ-uKDa9FO1CzOCdiC7BKIwzRwhplM1sNYA3oYm-47ZA8ggLwgL3QeRRr5gGWA$ ) group of the Institute for Computing and
Information Sciences (iCIS https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ru.nl/icis/__;!!IBzWLUs!Ctp-a1YNu1DPuzxrCZ-uKDa9FO1CzOCdiC7BKIwzRwhplM1sNYA3oYm-47ZA8ggLwgL3QeTWssoNzA$ ) at Radboud
University. The mission of the SWS group is to conduct world-leading
research on the use of models for design and analysis of software.  The
group is well-known for work on model-based software engineering, model
learning, model-based testing, model checking, combining formal
verification and machine learning, functional programming and HPC/array
computing, proof assistants, and mathematical foundations. We find it
important (and inspiring!) to cover the full spectrum from theory to
applications in a single research group. Through collaboration with
stakeholders from industry and society, we obtain a better understanding
of when and how software science can help to solve real-world problems.
Thus we have joint projects with, for instance, Canon Production
Printing, ASML, Alfa Laval, Philips Healthcare, Google, Intel, the
Netherlands Defence Academy (NLDA), and our spin-off TOP Software
Technology.

For questions about the position, please contact
Prof. Frits Vaandrager,
F.Vaandrager at cs.ru.nl.
Head of Department of Software Science

Practical information and applications: