[TYPES/announce] ICFP 2022 Student Research Competition: Final Call for Submissions
danel.ahman at fmf.uni-lj.si
Wed Jun 1 04:12:59 EDT 2022
ICFP 2022 Student Research Competition
Call for Submissions
ICFP 2022 invites students to participate in the Student Research
Competition in order to present their research and get feedback from
prominent members of the programming language research community.
The SRC consists of three rounds:
* Submission of an extended abstract
* Poster session at ICFP 2022
* Finalists' presentations at ICFP 2022
During the first round students submit an extended abstract detailing
their research to be reviewed by the program committee. Those students
whose abstracts get accepted advance to the poster session round which
will take place during ICFP 2022. Winners of the poster session
advance to next round, where they will give a 5-minute presentation
about their work on the ICFP main stage in front of a live audience.
### IMPORTANT DATES
* Submission Deadline: 8 June 2022 (Wednesday)
* Author Notification: 24 June 2022 (Friday)
* ICFP 2022 Conference in Ljubljana, Slovenia:
11 September 2022 (Sunday) - 16 September 2022 (Friday)
### SUBMISSION OF EXTENDED ABSTRACTS
* Submission Website: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://icfp22src.hotcrp.com__;!!IBzWLUs!RsfduHvUiUuBXee_30czo6qCKF2rQU5VB6OKuvRyHkN_3dNj_y6YssOGqFr_u1AxfVK_o2ukr7HYYsvfRUgpJBYKAu05kORveRd4hUohLA$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://icfp22src.hotcrp.com__;!!IBzWLUs!BWY51CxuXm5QH6dQzowetuo2RrpAYiHyKR1D5Kep-384zPOhNBucz8w7B7D0Zkdv_TVvyQaWkfGscw$>
Each submission (referred to as "abstract" below) should include the
student author's name and e-mail address; institutional affiliation;
research advisor's name; ACM student member number; category
(undergraduate or graduate); research title; and an extended abstract
addressing the following:
* Problem and Motivation: Clearly state the problem being addressed and
explain the reasons for seeking a solution to this problem.
* Background and Related Work: Describe the specialized (but
pertinent) background necessary to appreciate the work in the
context of ICFP areas of interest. Include references to the
literature where appropriate, and briefly explain where your work
departs from that done by others.
* Approach and Uniqueness: Describe your approach in addressing the
problem and clearly state how your approach is novel.
* Results and Contributions: Clearly show how the results of your work
contribute to programming language design and implementation in
particular and to computer science in general; explain the
significance of those results.
* Submissions must be original research that is not already published
at ICFP or another conference or journal. One of the goals of the
SRC is to give students feedback on ongoing, unpublished
work. Furthermore, the abstract must be authored solely by the
student. If the work is collaborative with others and/or part of a
larger group project, the abstract should make clear what the
student's role was and should focus on that portion of the work.
* Formatting: Submissions must be in PDF format, printable in black
and white on US Letter sized paper, and interpretable by common PDF
tools. All submissions must adhere to the "ACM Small" template that
is available (in both LaTeX and Word formats) from
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.acm.org/publications/authors/submissions__;!!IBzWLUs!RsfduHvUiUuBXee_30czo6qCKF2rQU5VB6OKuvRyHkN_3dNj_y6YssOGqFr_u1AxfVK_o2ukr7HYYsvfRUgpJBYKAu05kORveRelg6r87Q$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.acm.org/publications/authors/submissions__;!!IBzWLUs!BWY51CxuXm5QH6dQzowetuo2RrpAYiHyKR1D5Kep-384zPOhNBucz8w7B7D0Zkdv_TVvyQZHL3ACDQ$>. For authors
using LaTeX, a lighter-weight package, including only the essential
files, is available from
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://sigplan.org/Resources/Author/*acmart-format__;Iw!!IBzWLUs!RsfduHvUiUuBXee_30czo6qCKF2rQU5VB6OKuvRyHkN_3dNj_y6YssOGqFr_u1AxfVK_o2ukr7HYYsvfRUgpJBYKAu05kORveRcHqqEfqg$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://sigplan.org/Resources/Author/*acmart-format__;Iw!!IBzWLUs!BWY51CxuXm5QH6dQzowetuo2RrpAYiHyKR1D5Kep-384zPOhNBucz8w7B7D0Zkdv_TVvyQYg_2QeKA$>. The submission
must not exceed 3 pages in PDF format. Reference lists do not count
towards the 3-page limit.
Further information is available at the ICFP SRC website:
### PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Danel Ahman (University of Ljubljana) (co-chair)
Maria I. Gorinova (Twitter)
Daniel Hillerström (University of Edinburgh) (co-chair)
Shin-ya Katsumata (National Institute of Informatics)
Jennifer Paykin (Galois)
François Pottier (Inria)
Nikhil Swamy (Microsoft Research)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Types-announce