[TYPES/announce] PhD Position in Higher-Order Mathematical Operational Semantics at FAU

Sergey Goncharov sergey.goncharov at fau.de
Fri Aug 11 17:42:30 EDT 2023

[We would be grateful for further distribution of the job advertisement below]

A PhD position in a recently granted DFG-project "Abstract Techniques for Programming Languages and
Secure Compilation" has just opened in the Theoretical Computer Science group (https://www8.cs.fau.de)
at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg.

The project builds on recent advances in Higher-Order Mathematical Operational Semantics [1,2], a
pivotal generalization of Turi and Plotkin's seminal approach to structural operational semantics. We
seek an apt and motivated PhD candidate, who will contribute to the development of the theory and to
applications in the area of secure compilation. Further details on the planned research are summarized
in the technical part of the project proposal, which can be provided by request.

The position is allocated for 3 years; the starting date is Nov. 1, or later, preferably not later than
Feb. 1, 2024.

The project is supervised by Stelios Tsampas and Sergey Goncharov. The position is in the TV-L E13 pay
scale.

Please inquire or apply by e-mail to

        {stelios.tsampas,sergey.goncharov}@fau.de

When applying, please, enclose your CV and the degree transcript in your application.

We are interested in filling in the position as soon as possible, and will thus consider applications as
they arrive.

Best,

Stelios and Sergey

[1] Sergey Goncharov, Stefan Milius, Lutz Schröder, Stelios Tsampas, Henning Urbat, Towards a
Higher-Order Mathematical Operational Semantics, POPL 2022

[2] Henning Urbat, Stelios Tsampas, Sergey Goncharov, Stefan Milius, Lutz Schröder, Weak Similarity in
Higher-Order Mathematical Operational Semantics, LICS 2023