[TYPES/announce] (Extended deadline) CfP: Automated Program and Proof Synthesis (AP2S at AAAI '24)

Kristopher K Micinski kkmicins at syr.edu
Fri Dec 1 23:48:50 EST 2023

Call for Participation (/Talks/Tutorials)
Automated Program and Proof Synthesis
February 20, 2024, Vancouver, BC (a bridge workshop of AAAI 2024)

Automated Program and Proof Synthesis (AP2S) are two long-standing, closely-related challenges in AI, recently advanced through the incorporation of deep learning. However, much research focuses exclusively on one or the other, instead of leveraging synergies between them. This AAAI '24 bridge (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://aaai.org/aaai-conference/aaai-24-bridge-program/__;!!IBzWLUs!XemE1II3qNbLDF99ZXPV_qgB9cPMcJCLzj9A3PCB2ZM2hi0w6WQS1hadao4oIFbIEBDvxBNmLfBXY5Ax7A4J2HyoxMvyALvy$ ) workshop, a continuation of last year's 2023 inaugural meeting, aims to connect researchers from each sub-field and educate them about the other, including but not limited to recent applications of deep learning. The workshop will involve a series of tutorial lectures followed by group discussion.

The focus of the bridge workshop is not to present novel research results, but rather to foster learning, discussion, and cross-pollination among fields. We are interested in folks giving a range of talks from tutorials, positions / cool ideas, and long-term vision for the future of the space.

Website: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://garrettkatz.github.io/ap2s-bridge/__;!!IBzWLUs!XemE1II3qNbLDF99ZXPV_qgB9cPMcJCLzj9A3PCB2ZM2hi0w6WQS1hadao4oIFbIEBDvxBNmLfBXY5Ax7A4J2HyoxPwlFeXa$

Our informal deadline was Nov 24--we have decided to allow submissions up to Dec 9. We are really looking to keep the workshop informal, engaging, and discussion-focused. If you (or a PhD student you know) are planning to attend AAAI, and you are potentially interested in hybridizing ideas and techniques from program synthesis, proof synthesis, language modeling, etc... Please reach out to us: we are happy to discuss and see if there would be a potential fit.

And please spread the word about AP2S to folks in your circles interested in theorem proving, program synthesis, and learning. Last year, we had a relatively small crowd, but there were very lively discussions. It is an exciting (and timely!) mix of topics, and we are looking forward to this year's AP2S bridge.

Kris Micinski, kkmicins at syr.edu
Garrett Katz, gkatz01 at syr.edu
Syracuse University