[TYPES] Re: TYPES: Changing of the guard

Stephanie Weirich sweirich at cis.upenn.edu
Wed Jan 7 14:37:54 EST 2004

First, I'm sure I speak for the whole community in
thanking Benjamin for the excellent job he has done
as TYPES moderator.

As Benjamin mentioned in the last email, we have switched the
management of the TYPES list to Mailman.

**** If you are currently subscribed and want to continue ******
**** reading and posting to TYPES, you do not need to     ******
**** change anything.

In particular, submission to TYPES is still the same, by sending
email to types at cis.upenn.edu. More information about submitting to
TYPES can be found at the new web page:

However, there are a few, hopefully positive, changes that have
resulted from the switch to Mailman:

* New headers for filtering types messages

   All email from TYPES will contain the string "[TYPES]" in the
   Subject header. Also, some of the headers may change with the new
   system, so if you are filtering TYPES email, you may have to update
   your rules. In particular, the first line of every TYPES email (see
   above) reflects the new address for the web pages.

* New subscription options and a new method to subscribe/unsubscribe

   If you reading this message, you are currently subscribed to TYPES.
   You may view your subscription options by going to the following
   web site:
       http://lists.seas.upenn.edu/mailman/options/types-list/

   You will first have to type in the email address that you are
   subscribed with and request a password reminder. (Everyone has
   received random passwords.) Once you authenticate, you will be
   able to:
     - Set delivery to digest mode
     - Pause delivery
     - Change your email address
     - Unsubscribe
     - Change your password

* New archive location

   The current TYPES archives are now maintained by Mailman, and
   can be found at
      http://lists.seas.upenn.edu/pipermail/types-list/
   Older messages are stored at:
      http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~sweirich/types/archive/

If you have any trouble with this new system or have any suggestions,
please send email to me at sweirich at cis.upenn.edu.

Thanks,

Stephanie Weirich
TYPES Moderator