[TYPES] ICFP Poster Session

Amr A Sabry sabry at cs.indiana.edu
Mon Mar 15 05:20:14 EST 2004

The 2004 ICFP Poster Session
         http://abstract.cs.washington.edu/~djg/icfp-poster.html

Part of the 2004 International Conference on Functional Programming
        http://www.cs.indiana.edu/icfp04/

The 2004 International Conference on Functional Programming (ICFP) will
include a poster session during the first day of the conference. The
poster session aims to give students and professionals an opportunity to
gain experience presenting technical material to the research community,
and to get technical advice from leading researchers in the field.

PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS:

    * Sign-up via the on-line form below by June 30, 2004.
    * Submit a one-page abstract summarizing the poster topic by July 15, 2004.
    * Register for ICFP 2004. (There is no separate poster registration
      beyond the on-line sign-up form.)
    * Prepare a poster and attend the session on September 19, 2004.

In addition, participants are strongly encouraged to prepare a short
article (roughly 2 or 3 pages) for peer feedback and to provide feedback
for some other participants' articles. This process should improve the
quality of the posters. Articles should be submitted by August 1, 2004.

NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS:

    * We hope to accomodate everyone wishing to participate, but may
      restrict participation (based on relevance and interest to the
      community) in the case of unmanageably high interest.

    * We may need to cancel the session if there is too little interest,
      roughly fewer than ten participants.

    * To ensure we know there is interest, please sign-up
      promptly. Somebody has to be first and there is no danger you will
      be the sole participant.

POSTER PRESENTATIONS: In the poster session, each participant will be
provided with a space for posting their diagrams and short descriptions
of their research (approximately 3x6 feet, or 1x2 meters). Contact with
your audience happens through casual conversation. Count on only a
reasonable attention span when describing your work. Over five minutes
is usually overdoing it. Prepare a list of questions that you would like
help getting answered.

Please feel free to direct any questions that you might have to:

            Dan Grossman, ICFP2004 Poster Session Chair
            http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/djg