[TYPES] Suggestions for Advanced Programming courses?

Robert Harper Robert.Harper at cs.cmu.edu
Mon May 10 13:23:40 EDT 2004

Aha!  Great minds think in similar ways, I guess.  I've been meaning to
invent just such a course here at CMU.  I was thinking of calling it
"Programming Methodology", or maybe "Real Software Engineering".  What I
want to do is to teach what it means to write good code, and how to do
it.  Students just do not know.  My idea is to be integrative, putting
together the various ideas they get in various classes (good algorithms,
typed language, modular design, specification and verification, and so
on).

Let me know what you come up with!

Bob