[TYPES] FInCo 2005: FOUNDATIONS OF INTERACTIVE COMPUTATION -- CFP

GQ Zhang gqz at eecs.cwru.edu
Mon Sep 27 11:22:30 EDT 2004

Martin's first example may be put in the
perspective of a universal TM, which, given
a TM/program and an input, produces an output.

Once your program gets compiled, you can
consider it ``terminated'' -- the output being a
**function/TM** which, given an input, produces an output.

So computers do ``terminate'', but it is not the
same as ``shut-down'' or ``broken''.

GQ Zhang