[TYPES] research positions B
carlos.martin at urv.net
Tue Jan 4 21:29:04 EST 2005
PLEASE, NOTICE THAT THE ANNOUNCEMENT BELOW IS DIFFERENT FROM THE ONE THAT WAS CIRCULATED LAST WEEK
Apologies for multiple posting!
Please, pass the information to whom may be interested. Thanks.
A few research positions for experienced scholars may be available starting in the academic year 2005-2006 in the Research Group on Mathematical Linguistics at Rovira i Virgili University (Tarragona, Spain).
The web site of the group (the host institute) is:
http://www.grlmc.com or http://pizarro.fll.urv.es/continguts/linguistica/proyecto/grlmc.htm
The eligible topics are the group's current or future research directions:
- Formal language theory and its applications.
- Biomolecular computing and nanotechnology.
- Language and speech technologies.
- Formal theories of language acquisition.
- Computational neuroscience.
Other related fields might still be eligible provided there exist strong enough candidates for them.
- The positions are intended to develop a training + research project in two phases: 1st phase) 1-2 years staying in an organization in a third country (i.e. neither in any of the 25 European Union member states nor in any of the 4 European Union candidate states); 2nd phase) half of that time approximately staying in the host institute.
- They will be filled in under the form of a work contract with the host institute.
- There is no restriction on the candidate's age.
- Only experienced (top-class) researchers have a real chance to succeed.
- PhD holder.
- National of either any of the 25 European Union member states or of any of the 4 European Union candidate states (Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania, Turkey).
- The size of the projects will approximately vary between euros 120,000 and 240,000, including all the concepts: researcher's salary, travel support, health insurance, etc.
- The particular conditions for each contract will be the matter of an agreement by the researcher and the host institute within the format suggested by the funding agency. This will be done before the researcher's departure to the third country organization.
It will consist of 3 successive stages:
- a pre-selection based on CV and carried out by the host institute,
- a short proposal, to be evaluated by the funding agency,
- a full proposal, to be evaluated by the funding agency.
Expressions of interest are welcome until January 11, 2005. They should include the researcher's full CV and mention "track B" in the subject box. The outcome of the preselection will be reported immediately after. For the preselected candidates, the deadline for the submission of the short proposal will be January 19, 2005. Directions, advice and support will be given to them by the host institute.
carlos.martin at urv.net
More information about the Types-list