[TYPES] FORTE 2005: Call-for-Papers

Farn Wang farn at cc.ee.ntu.edu.tw
Wed Feb 2 17:55:57 EST 2005

We apologize if you have received multiple copies of this email.

We also apologize for having mistakenly sent out a test message.

Call for Papers

FORTE 2005

25th IFIP WG 6.1 International Conference on

Formal Techniques for Networked and Distributed Systems

National Taiwan University

Sunday 2 October - Wednesday 5 October 2005.

http://cc.ee.ntu.edu.tw/~forte05

Encouraged by the success of several international symposia

on formal verifications and the promise of related research

and industry in East Asia and Pacific Rim, we are very happy

to announce the 25th IFIP FORTE (Formal Techniques for Networked

and Distributed Systems) to be held on Sunday-Wednesday Oct.

2-5, 2005 on the beautiful campus of National Taiwan University,

Taipei, Taiwan.  FORTE 2005 is sponsored by Working Group 6.1,

Technical Committee 6 (TC6), International Federation for

Information Processing (IFIP).  The conference series started in

1981 under the name PSTV (Protocol Specification, Testing, and

Verification).  In 1988, a second series under the name FORTE

was started. Both series merged to FORTE/PSTV in 1996.  The

conference name was changed to FORTE in 2001.  During its 24-year

history, many important contributions have been reported in the

conference.

FORTE 2005 will also form a federation with the 3rd ATVA (Automated

Technology for Verification and Analysis) to be held on

Tuesday-Friday Oct. 4-7, 2005 also in National Taiwan University.

We believe you will find enthusiastic exchange of research ideas

in the combination of the tradition-rich FORTE and the promising ATVA.

SCOPE OF INTEREST:

The scope of interest of FORTE 2005 covers, but is not limited to,

formal description techniques (SDL, TTCN, MSC, UML, ?), semantic

foundations, model-checking, theorem-proving, reduction techniques,

test generation, simulation, synthesis, performance modeling and analysis,

robustness testing, inter-operability testing, embedded systems,

communication protocols, tool supports, and case studies on industrial

projects.

JOINT KEYNOTE SPEAKER OF ATVA/FORTE 2005:

Prof. Amir Pnueli (Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel)

KEYNOTE SPEAKERS OF FORTE 2005:

Prof. Moshe Vardi (Rice University, USA)

Prof. Teruo Higashino (Osaka University, Japan)

PAPER SUBMISSION: Each submission is limited to 15 pages with no more than

7500 words. Submissions must be written in English.  The formal proceedings

will appear in IFIP LNCS, Springer-Verlag and be available at FORTE 2005.

An accepted paper without a registered author to FORTE 2005 by the deadline

of camera-ready copy will not be included in the formal proceedings.

Web-based submission will be soon available at
http://cc.ee.ntu.edu.tw/~forte05.

BEST PAPER AWARD AND STUDENT TRAVEL GRANTS:

IFIP TC6 will sponsor the best paper award and student travel grants for
FORTE 2005.

IMPORTANT DATES:

10 April 2005, submission deadline

10 June 2005, acceptance notification