[TYPES] PhD Position

N Ghani ng13 at mcs.le.ac.uk
Mon May 23 15:02:44 EDT 2005

Please pass on to interested students. Apologies for multiple copies.

                           PhD Position

          School of Computer Science and Information Technology
                      University of Nottingham
                          United Kingdom

Applications are invited for a PhD position on the recently funded
EPSRC project "Theory and Applications of Containers" whose aim is to
advance our ability to compute efficiently and correctly with advanced
data structures using our recently developed theory of containers. You
will join an expanding research group working on these ideas and will
have the freedom to explore either more practical or theoretical
aspects of the project.

Applicants must have a very good undergraduate degree in Mathematics,
Computing Science or in a related subject. Interest in functional
programming, type theory and/or category theory are most welcome.
Applicants must also have a strong interest in doing research. Any
interested applicants should contact Dr Neil Ghani at the following
address for further information

Dr Neil Ghani
ng13 at mcs.le.ac.uk